At the start of each season a facility cleaning assignment will be posted on the events calendar and a notice of the schedule will be sent to coaches and parents. See the current schedule on the Event Calendar or this Cleaning Schedule (PDF).
WAC is run on volunteer power. Coaches, age directors and board members are all parent volunteers who contribute countless hours and sweat equity to delivering the best softball program Waukee can offer. It is expected teams, players and parents will participate in keeping all of our facilities clean. By requiring players and families to commit their own time and effort in helping our non-profit organization take care of our facilities, we believe:
- It fosters a sense of responsibility for maintaining the facility amongst the players who use it.
- It is the most cost conscious management of the organization’s budget.
- It is consistent with our Core Mission that encourages participation, excellence, sportsmanship, pride and fun with the assistance and cooperation of the parents, high school softball program and community.
Teams who do not clean will lose tournament funds and/or access to the facility.
Teams may choose to pay for cleaning. A locally owned cleaning service maybe contracted for $160 for three cleaning sessions. The fee must be paid entirely by the team. Teams who wish to use this option must notify the Board President via email and provide a check (cash is not acceptable) for the full fee made out to WAC Softball one month prior to their first cleaning assignment.
We will open up any cleaning dates that teams forfeit to team(s) who wish to claim those dates (in addition to their already assigned dates) for an increase in their team tournament budget. For any “unclaimed” cleaning dates we will engage the cleaning company.
A few additional quick notes:
- Cleanings should occur either between 9am to 4pm weekdays or on Sundays to avoid conflicts. Keep in mind facility usage schedules and avoid cleaning when the facility is rented or being used for practices. They should refer to these links:
- Cleaning supplies are available at the facility in the cabinets in the restroom and there are two push brooms. If a team notices supplies are running low please sent a message to WAC Softball or post in the WAC Parent Facebook Group
- It takes one adult about 45-60 minutes to clean the facility by themselves. Many hands make light work, so if several families assist, the clean-up can take teams just 20-30 minutes.
- We encourage players and families to organize their team’s resources for this effort.
We appreciate everyone’s willingness to roll up your sleeves to help support your players, teams and organization.