2022-2023 Evaluation and Team Placement
Message for Parents
Thank you for your interest in the Waukee Athletic Club (WAC) Softball program. Before deciding to participate, we want to make sure you are aware of the rules and guidelines we have in place to ensure a rewarding and successful experience for players, parents and coaches.
Within the limits of a volunteer organization, WAC Softball strives to make the evaluation process as impartial as possible. Girls will be placed on teams primarily based on their prior tournament play and commitment to a competitive softball experience as well as their evaluation results.
To be eligible to participate on one of the competitive tournament teams you must live within the Waukee School District.
Players must pre-register to attend the evaluation and pay the $25 non-refundable deposit. The deposit will be deducted from the Fall session installment if the player is offered and accepts placement on a team. Upon team acceptance a deposit of $500 is required.
Attendance is required at evaluations to be placed on a team. Illness, injury or extraordinary personal circumstances may cause players to request an exemption from evaluations. Requests must be made prior to the start of evaluations unless an illness or injury occurs during evaluations. If you are not able to attend the evaluation on your assigned date, please send a note indicating the need to email@example.com. An alternate date will be provided if possible.
- Player evaluations will be held June 20, 21, 22, and 23, 2022
- Players will participate in typical practice drills that include throwing, running, fielding, and hitting.
- Pitchers and catchers will be evaluated on their assigned date at the Vince Meyer field pitching lanes.
- Head coaches of the new forming teams will be present to observe but will not be running the practice. Parents may watch from the fences.
- Playing on a WAC tournament team is a commitment. It can be a rewarding and challenging experience, as players are exposed to a more competitive level of play. There is NO GUARANTEED PLAYING TIME FOR ANY GIRLS ON THE TOURNAMENT TEAMS. All decisions in this regard will be at the sole discretion of the coach. We ask parents to be supportive of coaches’ decisions.
- Please remember that you have a choice as to whether you will expose your child to this competitive level of play. Not all children are ready for this level of commitment.
- Making a WAC Tournament team one year has no bearing on future year selections. Children at these ages develop rapidly and at different stages.
- Please explain these rules and guidelines to your child before you decide to have your child participate.
- Each player’s family will be required to commit to at least 2 shifts at WAC Tournaments to be held in Waukee and other designated sites.
- Estimated annual dues could range from $900 – $1,300.
- More will be communicated upon offer acceptance.
The Waukee Athletic Club (WAC) Competitive Softball Association’s mission is to develop a championship girls softball program for the Waukee Community School District that encourages participation, excellence, sportsmanship, pride and fun. We will accomplish and sustain this through player, coach, and facility development as well as fundraising and marketing with the assistance and cooperation of the parents and community.